Job Title: COMPUTER / NETWORK TECHNICIAN
- Associates degree in related field preferred, Industry certification preferred
- Experience in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of computer systems
- Experience in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of network systems
- Experience in a school setting preferred
- Experience with using and troubleshooting Apple iPad’s and apps
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and active directory
- Knowledge of Google G-Suite tools and related cloud services
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs and climb a ladder
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
Scope of Responsibility: To provide assistance to the Director of Technology in the support and maintenance of the district technology systems.
- Assist the Technology Director with day to day maintenance of all computer systems and network infrastructure within the district. Including classrooms, offices, network cabling, telephone system, security cameras, and Wifi access points.
- Carries out technical, non-routine installation and maintenance of end-user equipment. Including classroom technologies such as interactive panels, and audio / video devices
- Implements and maintains policies set forth by the Director of Technology regarding user access to information services contained within the local and wide area networking infrastructure.
- Assists district staff with normal computer operations such as, diagnosis of malfunctioning equipment and providing the appropriate repair.
- Installs new equipment, configure operating systems, load new software, upgrade software, customization, replacing equipment, replacing printer supplies.
- Performs scheduled maintenance tasks such as classroom equipment maintenance, software updates, and infrastructure maintenance.
- Assist with work orders that involve using outside vendors.
- Management of inventory – maintain an accurate inventory of technology
- Keep skills current by ascertaining certification and/or further education.
- Facilitate technical support by prioritizing and completing requested work as designated by the Director of
- Communicate regularly to the Director of Technology and staff when troubleshooting and completing tasks.
- Maintain high quality workmanship. Ability to adjust schedule to work after school hours when required.
- Provide support for Board of Education Meetings as scheduled.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director of Technology or Superintendent.
Director of Technology
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and certificates via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Open until filled
July 1 - June 30
Terms of Employment:
As per negotiated agreement
In accordance with Board policy and law
The Berlin Borough Board of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer, has an Affirmative Action Program, and will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, political, affiliation, sex, armed forces liability, physical handicap, social or economic status. The Board is committed to Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act.