Substitute School Nurses
1. Must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
2. Valid New Jersey Educational Services Certificate with School Nurse endorsement.
3. Ability to work effectively with staff, parents, community members, and students to maintain and strengthen sound human relations for the improvement of the school program.
4. Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously in a multicultural, diverse community.
1. Review health history of all new entrants and determine eligibility for entering the Teaneck Public Schools.
2. Review physical education reports from private physicians for students and staff.
3. Assist the school physician with physical examinations of students at required grade levels; sports candidates; students recommended for special services; new students; and for working papers when such physicals are not done by private physician.
4. Provide annual health screening procedures as dictated by state and local policy, and complete appropriate reports.
5. Check weight, height and nutritional status of students and advise family whenever necessary.
$275 per diem
NJ First Act effective 9/1/2011
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer