NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB:
Assist the Principal with assigned responsibilities to implement and manage the policies, regulations and procedures of the Board of Education to ensure that all students meet with academic success. The Vice Principal leads and works collaboratively with members of the school staff to communicate effectively with parents and members of the community. The Vice Principal, working under the direction of the Principal, has responsibilities for teaching and learning, supervision of staff and students, program evaluation and the general operations of the school. JOB
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Vice Principal shall:
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance.
- 2. Supervise the instructional programs assigned by the Principal, evaluating lesson plans and observing classes on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with District policies and initiatives.
- 3. Ensure that personnel evaluation procedures are accomplished in a fair and consistent manner that encourages accountability, growth and excellence in accordance with state law, Board policy and contractual requirements.
- 4. Develop, recommend and/or provide professional development opportunities that address the needs of the instructional program and needs of the staff.
- 5. Use a variety of data sources to inform decision-making in instruction and operations.
- 6. Assume responsibility for the operation of the school in the daily and/or short-term absence of the Principal, in accordance and compliance with all laws, administrative codes and Board policies and regulations.
- 7. Assist the Principal with the administrative functions of the school.
- 8. Supervise personnel as assigned by the Principal to ensure that all job responsibilities are met.
- 9. Maintain visibility with students, staff, parents and the community by attending school and community functions regularly to demonstrate a genuine interest in the students and staff.
- 10. Assume responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of students, staff and visitors.
- 11. Complete in a timely manner all records and reports as required by law and regulation or requested by the Principal. Respond to correspondence promptly.
- 12. Attend required staff meetings and serve, as appropriate, on school-based and District committees.
- 13. Continue to grow professionally through collaboration with colleagues and professional growth experiences.
- 14. Protect confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising professional duties and use discretion in sharing such information within legal confines.
- 15. Perform any duties that are within the scope of employment and certifications, as assigned by the Principal and not otherwise prohibited by law or regulation.
- 16. Adhere to New Jersey school law, State Board of Education rules and regulations, Board of Education policies and regulations and contractual obligations
You may use the APPLY button.