P.G. Chambers School, a private non-profit school and therapeutic service organization serving students with complex disabilities, located in Cedar Knolls, NJ, seeks a full-time Director of Communications (Speech Language Pathology). This individual reports to the executive director of the school and will be responsible for leading and developing quality speech and language therapy services for children we serve in our school and community.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership to create and maintain a high-quality speech and language therapy program
- Is accountable to school principal and program directors to fulfill the individual plans of children in each program. Collaborates with management team and others on services delivery.
- Responsible for recruiting and managing a team of highly motivated and competent staff.
- Provides supervision, mentoring and coaching for staff members and facilitates their professional development.
- Monitors department’s programmatic and financial effectiveness and makes changes accordingly.
- Identifies need for new services and facilitates their development and implementation.
- Performs all duties of a staff speech and language pathologist, including direct speech and language therapy services in the school and other programs, as needed.
- Contributes to the development of the organization’s strategic plan and ensures department work aligns with the organization’s vision, mission and core values.
- Supervises, develops, and maintains student internship and Clinical Fellowship programs.
- Performs other job-related tasks, as the need arises, to maintain a quality program.
- Masters Degree in Speech and Language Pathology
- New Jersey State SLP Licensure
- New Jersey State Department of Education Speech/Language Specialist Licensure
- Certification by the American Speech Language Hearing Association
- School Supervisor Certification preferred
- Five years of professional experience, preferably in pediatrics
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Physical ability to lift 40 lbs.
Competitive Salary to commensurate with experience.
P.G. Chambers offers a comprehensive package of benefits to support overall employee well-being