Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Special Education Science Teacher
Teaneck High School
- Become familiar with established curricula.
- Meet, take attendance and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Develop and implement differentiated instruction, use formative and summative assessment date to meet student's needs.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Strong foundational background knowledge in science required.
- Experience working in self-contained and/or in-class support.
- Valid NJ K-12 Science and NJ Special Education certificate is required.
Qualified candidates must have strong collaborative, planning and performance assessment skills; be knowledgeable in a variety of teaching strategies and a demonstrated ability to work harmoniously in a multicultural, diverse community.
NJ First Act effective 9/1/2011
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer