Anticipated Executive Secretary to the Superintendent of Schools
Full-time,Tenure Track, 12-month
Available January 2, 2023
To oversee and coordinate the activities associated with the Office of the Superintendent and to perform duties assigned by the Superintendent in a responsible and confidential manner so that the Superintendent’s office can more efficiently serve students, staff, Board Members, and citizens of the district. Through a pleasant manner, efficient organization, and a willingness to serve, the assistant shall be a valuable member of the Central Office who should make favorable impressions upon those with whom this assistant comes in contact.
1. High School Graduate
2. Computer expertise and independence in applying programs such as: Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint/Publisher, Google Workspace (Docs/Sheets/Slides), Frontline, My Learning Plan, Absence Management, Applitrak, CDK,
PowerSchool, School Messenger, HIBster, social media platforms, various web sites and apps for event scheduling.
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism in interacting with staff, public, parents and Board Members.
4. Demonstrated organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
Superintendent of Schools
1. Maintain the Superintendent’s calendar.
2. Greet visitors at the door and assist with office coverage when needed.
3. Process Superintendent’s correspondence: includes sorting of mail; obtaining signatures; editing and/or composing general responses; drafting letters of commendation or acknowledgement,
invitations and thank you notes; editing the Superintendent's monthly newsletters for parents and staff.
4. Maintain budget accounts and resulting purchase orders.
5. Coordinate supplies and reservations for presentations and meetings such as negotiations, administrators' staff development in-services,
6. Superintendent's travel and trainings, interviews and ad hoc committees, etc.
7. Complete Superintendent’s legal log.
8. Maintain district List Serve; draft weekly messages for internal and external audiences.
9. Implement district’s emergency messaging system.
10. Assist the Superintendent by serving as spokesperson under the direction and supervision of the Superintendent.
11. Direct activities of and/or serve on district committees when appropriate, as assigned.
12. Offer research and writing support to the Superintendent, administration and Board of Education.
13. Plan and coordinate special events (i.e. dedications, tours, fundraisers, community days, parent nights, community forums, Superintendent's Student Lunch Bunches, Superintendent's Roundtable
Discussions, district meetings with realtors and preschool directors, Superintendent Rides the Bus program, Superintendent Walks-to-School program, etc.)
14. Attend meetings at the direction of the Superintendent and follow up with subsequent issues or needs from each.
15. Assist in the supervision of the Personnel Department as directed by the Superintendent, including hiring, evaluation and termination procedures.
Must meet state residency requirements.