Job Title: Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent (Confidential)
Reports to: Superintendent
Supervises: Support staff as designated by the Superintendent
Salary Guide: Salary and benefits as determined by the Board of Education, full-time, 12-month, non-affiliated position
Job Goal: Provides direct administrative support to the Superintendent in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the office; resolves administrative problems and inquiries; composes, edits, and proofreads correspondence and reports, and prepares a range of administrative documents in order to maintain an efficient office to support and devote maximum attention to the operation of the educational administration of the district; performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
- High school diploma and five (5) years job experience of successful employment as an executive or administrative assistant;
- Demonstrate competence in an executive office environment and excellent public relations and communication skills;
- Demonstrates effective use of Microsoft Office Suite including spreadsheets, databases, complex documents and tables, extensive experience with Systems 3000 and Frontline desired;
- Demonstrate high-level support for a variety of programs and services including handling confidential and sensitive information and providing in-depth responses and/or research to respond to inquiries;
- Demonstrates effective verbal, written communication and positive interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrates the ability to keep accurate records, work independently and display outstanding organizational skills;
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists;
- Ability to expedite, delegate, and schedule work efficiently;
- Demonstrates familiarity with the operation of a school district;
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent may find appropriate and acceptable.
Responsibilities: (includes, but not limited to)
- Works independently to provide direct administrative support to the Superintendent.
- Coordinates office operations and supports the Superintendent in effectively carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the office.
- Handles confidential or sensitive information appropriately.
- Trouble-shoots administrative problems related to the assigned office on a daily basis.
- Serves as primary administrative contact for Superintendent’s office with administration, faculty and the public.
- Performs such other tasks as may be assigned by the Superintendent.
Additional Responsibilities: Perform all other job related duties as assigned by the Superintendent or his/her designee.
Evaluation of Performance: Performance of this position will be evaluated annually by the Superintendent in accordance with the New Jersey Administrative Code and Boards policies.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The Mercer County Technical School District guarantees equal opportunities to all, regardless of race, color, age, creed, gender identity or expression, affectional or sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, marital status, disability, nationality or sex.
Americans with Disabilities Act Statement: External and internal applicants, as well as employees who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions listed on this job description either unaided or with reasonable accommodations. The Mercer County Technical Schools’ Superintendent shall determine reasonable accommodations on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law; in the event such a determination becomes necessary.
Essential Functions Statement: I have read this job description and I certify that I meet all of the qualifications of the position and I can perform all of the essential functions of the position unaided or with accommodations.