FAMILY / COMMUNITY LIAISON
Glassboro Intermediate School is currently seeking candidates for a Family/ Community Liaison for the 2019/2020 Academic year. This position works 4 hours weekly and 48 mandatory summer hours.
- The main objective of the Family / Community Liaison is to increase parental, family, and community involvement.
- Attend Positive Action program training sessions.
- Plan, advertise, facilitate, and host family and community engagement activities, with assistance from the Project Coordinator, Behavior Specialist / Psychologist / Counselor, and Teaching Coach.
- Assist counselor in forging partnerships with local health, mental health, and social services providers
- Work with Project Coordinator to create, schedule, advertise, and deliver stakeholder surveys in order to provided data on the progress of SIG PRESS grant undertakings.
- Give three updates yearly (August, January, and May) to parents, families, the community, and to stakeholders, with assistance from the Data Specialist
- This is a four-year stipend grant position. Funds allow four hours weekly, not interfering with contracted school day, if employee is a Glassboro Public Schools education employee. In addition, the Family / Community Liaison must work 48 stipend hours each summer (2019 and 2020) to plan and prepare for the upcoming school year. The Building Principal will determine the summer schedule
- Must pass Glassboro Board of Education Background Check
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Engaging oral and written communications skills
- Ability to relate well to teachers and students from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds
You may use the APPLY button.