Join one of New Jersey’s most innovative schools! You’ll join a team of mission-driven teachers and support staff who collaborate closely to ensure all of our students are growing into bilingual and biliterate global citizens with a strong academic foundation.
Responsibilities Lunch/ Aftercare Duties
- Circulates among the recess or lunchroom area so as to be available to help children who need assistance.
- Organizes students into orderly lines and directs them to assigned lunch room or recess area.
- Assists students with playground equipment.
- Organizes groups for orderly dismissal from the recess or lunch room area.
- Monitor behaviors and interactions, enforce behavior protocols, and ensure that mandatory health and safety requirements are followed, such as social distancing and wearing facial coverings.
- Monitor students at the park during recess and aftercare activities
- Carry out established activities and any additional responsibilities assigned by your supervisor.
- Prepare and organize snacks for children daily.
- Aftercare Aides help students with homework in Spanish and English, and actively engage with students as they work to provide an after-school experience that is both fun and nurturing.
- Monitor children in the gym and outside the playground.
- Facilitate fun games and activities.
- Schedule 10:45am-1:15pm lunch/ recess duties and 2:45-6pm for aftercare duties.
- Monday to Friday on school days only (schedule will vary)
- Adhere to consistently high standards of professionalism.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrated success with working with students in a structured environment such as an after-school program, summer camp, or school environment
- An ability to work collaboratively
- A strong desire to continuously improve job performance
- A dedication to helping children grow and learn in an innovative educational setting
- Teaching experience and fluency in Spanish is preferred
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in education or a related field preferred.
- Able to commit at least 15-30 hours per week.
HoLa's core values describe who we are as a school community and reflect our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusivity, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or socioeconomic status. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Job Type: Part-Time