District English Language Arts Literacy Coach
This is a middle ELA school coaching position responsible for the implementation of research-based classroom practices that support the needs of the students and staff.
- Valid New Jersey Teaching Certification-Elementary School Teacher in
Grades K-6 (1001), or NJ Elementary School Teacher K-8
Middle School with Subject Matter Specialization: Language Arts/Literacy
Specialization in Grades 5-8
- Demonstrates strong skills in the areas of evidence-based instruction strategies,
Tier 11 Interventions.
- Strong knowledge of New Jersey Learning Standards (NJSLS)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship.
- Pass a physical examination in accordance with statue and board policy.
Reports to: Director of Curriculum & Instruction
Job Goal: To work with teachers and administrators to improve student achievement in reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- Coach staff during the ELA block and in PLCs on best practices and standards-based instruction including providing demo lessons.
- Work with staff to identify concerns with curriculum and instruction and support changes to address the concerns including goal setting, monitoring, and assessing the implemented changes.
- Collaborate with staff and school administration to develop curriculum and lesson plans.
- Review assessment data and support the implementation of classroom practices that enhance instructional practices and curriculum change.
- Observe students upon teacher request to improve learning.
- Assist with the development of student improvement plans, overseeing the remedial process.
- Provide professional development for staff as directed by administration on research based high yield learning strategies.
- Work with small groups of students as requested.