TEACHER OF SPANISH
- Appropriate NJ Instructional Certificate
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective teaching methods and developmentally appropriate classroom activities.
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Required criminal history background check and proof of US citizenship or legal resident alien status.
To provide an approved program and establish a class environment that fosters learning and personal growth; to help pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for continued education; and to maintain good relationships with parents and other staff members.
Reports to: School Principal
- Works to achieve district educational goals and objectives by promoting active learning in the classroom using board adopted curriculum and other appropriate learning activities.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil
- Sets specific objectives wherever possible in lesson preparation and weekly lesson plans and carrier through presentation to effectively achieve these objectives
- Monitors pupil academic progress and personal growth toward stated objectives of instruction.
- Maintains records of pupil's educational progress in class record books and/or board approved forms and summarizes these marks for reporting purposes.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and resolving learning problems.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a classroom climate conducive to learning.
- Serves as a member of the school's pupil assistance committee as required.
- Budgets class time effectively.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to inform them about the school program and to discuss pupil progress.
- Devises written and oral assignments and tests that require analytical and critical thinking as well as the reproduction of facts
- Plans class activities and lesson presentations that are age appropriate for the class and meet the individual needs, interests and ability levels of all pupils.
- Maintains professional competence and continuous improvement through inservice education activities and other professional growth activities.
- Participates in school level planning, faculty meetings/committees and other school system groups.
- Makes effective use of community resources to enhance the instructional program.
- Upholds and enforces school rules, administrative regulations and board policy.
- Performs other duties which may be within the scope of his/her employment and certification as may be assigned.