Westfield, New Jersey
Special Education Teacher (Elementary Autism Program)
Full-Time Public School Position
Available September, 2022
Union County Educational Services Commission is a public school district in Westfield, New Jersey that was established to provide innovative and cost programs and solutions for the twenty-one public school districts in Union County. The Commission is currently seeking a highly motivated, dedicated and experienced Special Education Teacher to fill a full-time instructional position at Crossroads School, a small public elementary school desgined to meet address the academic, social and emotional needs of students between the ages of 3-14 who are diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Additional information about Crossroads School can be found at: https://ucesc.org/schools/crossroads_school
- Full-Time, 10-Month Position
- Highly Competitive Public School Salary
- NJ State Pension Enrollment (TPAF)
- Family Medical, Dental and Prescription Insurance
- Paid Sick, Personal and Family Illness Days
- Tuition and Workshop Reimbursement
- Opportunities for Summer Employment
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Special/Elementary Education or related area of study from an accredited college or university
- Valid NJDOE Teacher of the Handicapped Certificate OR Teacher of Students with Disabilities and Elementary K-6 certifications
- Experience working with preschool, elementary and/or middle school students with autism spectrum disorders, preferably in a public school setting preferred.
Please complete the online application in its entirety to be considered for an interview.
Thank you for your interest!