QUALIFICATIONS: Certified by the State Board of Examiners in the State of New Jersey
REPORTS TO: Coordinator of Federal Programs, but on a daily basis to the principal and/or his/her designee to which assigned.
JOB GOALS: To develop and execute such individual learning programs and experiences as will contribute to each student’s growth as mature, able and responsible men and women; to work closely with the classroom teacher to assure a continuity of programs for each assigned bilingual student, to help students realize the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional and psychological growth and maturation.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
2. Responsible for pre and post testing of each assigned student.
3. Develops and maintains a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
4. Encourages students to maintain standards of classroom behavior and self-discipline appropriate to learning.
5. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs of all students.
6. Takes necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
7. Evaluates student progress on a regular basis during each marking period and maintains accurate records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
8. Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior in compliance with school and district policy needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom and building.
9. Attends and participates in faculty meetings and fulfills required duties.
10. Cooperates in the development of a working relationship with all members of the faculty and other members of the school community.
11. Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss pupil’s progress and interpret the school program.
12. Maintains a level of professional competence appropriate to the specific area of certification, assignment and matters of general educational importance.
13. Prepares and maintains clear lesson plans to provide continuity of instruction.
14. Performs other related professional duties as required.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.