WHO YOU ARE:
We are searching for a passionate and dependable Spanish teacher to join our team. The Spanish teacher’s responsibilities include teaching oral and written Spanish, tailoring lesson plans to individual students or classes, and setting homework and assessments. To be successful as a Spanish teacher, you should be passionate about the Spanish language and culture. Outstanding Spanish teachers are energetic and able to inspire passion for the language in their students.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students.
- Evaluates student progress on a regular basis and prepares progress reports.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship, basic communications skills and other general elements of the course of study common to all teachers, as specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the district.
- Provides individual, small, and/or large group instruction, whenever appropriate, in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of pupils with varying intellectual and special abilities.
- Selects and requisitions books, instructional materials, equipment, aids, and maintains required inventory records.
- Develops instructional plans and organizes class time to provide a balanced program of instruction
- Develops and maintains professional competence through participation in in-service education activities provided by the district and in self-selected professional growth activities.
- Plans and coordinates the work of aides, teacher assistants, and other paraprofessionals.
- Identifies pupil’s needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Communicates with parents and pupil personnel staff members on the individual pupil’s progress and development.
- Maintains attendance accounting and business service as required.
- Develops and participates in the sponsorship of student activities and faculty committees.
- Acts as a resource person on an interdepartmental level to relate appropriate aspects of his/her subject area to other subject areas
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning the academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU IF YOU HAVE:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- A New Jersey Department of Education Standard Certificate, Certificate of Eligibility (CE), or Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing (CEAS) in Spanish.
- Possession of a current and valid teaching certificate in the appropriate subject/content area issued by the New Jersey Department of Education.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
WHO WE ARE:
Marion P. Thomas Charter School (MPTCS) offers a seamless educational experience from “crayons to college and career,” giving scholars the opportunity to stay within one school system for their entire public educational career from prekindergarten to 12th grade. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- The opportunity to join an experienced, diverse, and mission-driven team that is passionate about educational equity
- Compensation: Competitive annual salary
- Healthcare: Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and Life Insurance policies
- Family Focus: Parental/Family leave so you can care for your loved ones
- Pension: Eligibility for participation in the state pension plan
- Learning & Development: A culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development
Next Steps: MPTCS is currently reviewing applications on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of responses received not every applicant will be contacted. If you meet the qualifications, you will be contacted to move forward in the selection process.
Effective October 18, 2021, Marion P. Thomas Charter School will require all employees to provide to Human Resources either (1) proof of vaccination against COVID-19; or (2) results of weekly tests for COVID-19. This information will be maintained in a secure application that will be accessible by a limited group of Human Resources staff.