Manager, Talent Data and Tools
In our District, we put students first. Our vision: all Camden students will attend a high quality school where they are valued, challenged, and prepared for college and careers that positively impact their community and the world. High quality schools have a great teacher in every classroom, are housed in safe, clean buildings equipped to meet the needs of 21st century learners, with the support of an efficient and effective Central Office. All this is possible only with the right team members in place, working together with partners and the community to provide all students the academic, social, and emotional supports needed to succeed in school and beyond. Read more here.
The Division of Talent and Labor Relations seeks to build a strong community of mission-aligned talent dedicated to providing a world-class education to Camden students. The Manager, Talent Data and Tools will create the necessary tools needed to lead data analysis and collection efforts to promote data-driven decision-making across the Division of Talent and Labor Relations. This will include management of all human resources information system (HRIS) data.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Advanced skills in MS Office Tools and Google Suites programs, including the ability to create several data sets that intersect with each other and update in realtime based on advanced formulas and macros
- Experience and familiarity with compiling and analyzing data to drive decision-making, including advanced skills utilizing Microsoft Excel, Google Suites programs, and/or statistical software packages to run analyses on large, complex data sets
- Experience in processing, aggregating and merging raw data sets from varying sources into a single unified dataset
- Experience in analyzing data from various sources and formats, and applying data insights to cleanse and transform data into a standardized format
- Required criminal history background check, physical and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal right to work in the U.S.
- Previous work experience in settings that serve low-income students and communities
- Master’s Degree preferred in the areas of statistics, econometrics, education, or public policy
- At least 3-5 years of previous data or analytics work experience, including significant project management and leadership responsibilities, preferably in an education setting.
- Experience in navigating and auditing HRIS data
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the creation and maintenance of tools and reports in MS Office and Google Suite
- Processes, develops and maintains ad hoc and regularly scheduled reports in MS Office and Google Suite
- Proactively conducts audits and maintains HRIS data and transactions, with a close attention to data integrity.
- Interpret and analyze complex data to provide the accessible, meaningful and understandable information to stakeholders
- Act as a gatekeeper for talent data, data integrity, and ensuring data is accurate before utilized for analysis and reporting
- Streamline Position Control Roster (PCR) with HRIS systems and internal controls
- Provides analysis for labor negotiations and budget modeling
- Advises the Chief Talent Officer and Senior Managers in DTLR on how to strengthen and improve processes, policies, systems, and strategies to ensure the availability of accurate, actionable human capital data to drive personnel decisions
- Researches best in field practices in nationwide, regional, and local schools and school districts and proposes new and innovative strategies on how the district can maximize talent data to improve school quality and educator effectiveness
- Supports the Division of Talent and Labor Relations in designing and maintaining the tools necessary for various process improvement, projects, and processes.
- Compiles, analyzes and presents easily understandable data related to staffing, recruitment, hiring, tenure, evaluation, compensation and other talent data areas of interest
- Constructs research, designs, and identifies necessary analyses to answer targeted policy and research questions
- Take on other projects, tasks, and responsibilities as assigned
An ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following and/or have experiences with:
- Advanced experience with SQL database, Excel, Google Drive, queries, and data tables
- Ability to use statistical and analytical methodology and protocols to perform analyses to test the reliability and validity of data
- Excellent quantitative and data analysis skills
- Ability to identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Self-motivated, inquisitive with a high level of integrity and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented with exceptional analytical and creative problem solving ability with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible, comfortable working in a fast paced environment and able to adapt to quick changes, deadlines, and turnaround times, comfortable working with change and ambiguity
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy,
- Excellent problem-solving skills, Creative and outside-of-the-box thinking
- Ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize tasks
- Comfort and experience with entering data into online systems, cleaning and improving the quality of existing data, and manipulating large, complex data sets into clear and easily understandable reports
- Strong oral and written communication skills, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Desire to grow professionally and seek out new opportunities to learn
- Integrity and clarity in all communications and interactions
- Systems thinker with a demonstrated ability to design disciplined and sustainable processes and systems that produce strong results
- Commitment to the success of all Camden students; specifically, to raising the academic achievement of children in high-poverty communities
- Fluency in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team committed to a new future for urban education
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and take initiative
We are seeking individuals who will exemplify the District’s core values:
Respect and Humility
We serve our community by recognizing the strengths, experiences, and perspectives of others. We humbly recognize our own limitations and incorporate lessons we gain from our reflective practice.
We use evidence to inform decisions and to ensure that we are accountable to our students and families.
Communication & Collaboration
We communicate openly and work collaboratively, recognizing that getting to the best possible decisions requires input from others. Honest communications build trust and establish a community that assumes best intentions.
With respect for the complexity of this work and the history that precedes us, we focus on persistence, resourcefulness, and inclusiveness to drive toward solutions.
REPORTS TO & EVALUATED BY
- Senior Manager, Evaluation and Talent Data or designee
SALARY, EMPLOYMENT PERIOD, AND UNION AFFILIATION
- Competitive based on qualifications and previous experience
- Twelve-month, non-tenureable position
(Pending availability of funds and Superintendent’s approval)
CAMDEN CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER