High School Principal
Absegami High School
Greater Egg Harbor Regional H. S. District
1824 Dr. Dennis Foreman Drive
Mays Landing, NJ 08330
2019-2020 School Year
Position Start Date: July 1, 2019
The High School Principal serves as the educational leader of the high school, responsible for implementing and managing the policies, regulations, and procedures of the Board of Education to ensure that all students are supervised in a safe child-centered learning environment that meets and exceeds the State Core Curriculum Content Standards, following the approved curricula and directives of the school. Achieving academic excellence requires that the High School Principal work collaboratively to lead and nurture all members of the school staff and to communicate effectively with parents, members of the community, and colleagues in other districts and schools. Inherent in the position are the responsibilities for planning, curriculum development, program evaluation, extracurricular activities, personnel management, financial management, emergency procedures, resource scheduling, and facilities operations.
1. Demonstrates excellent leadership and organizational skills and the ability to
2. Ensures a safe and effective learning environment and operation of the school.
3. Experience with/knowledge of evaluation (Achieve NJ), supervision, assessment
and professional development.
4. Infuses the school and school community with a vision of high achievement.
5. Ensures the development of a sound relationship between the school and
6. Allocates resources to effectively support the school's programs.
7. Facilitates curricular, instructional, and administrative uses of technology.
8. Makes provision for the proper care and use of building and grounds.
1. NJ Principal Certification or Certificate of Eligibility.
2. Experience as a Principal, Assistant Principal or Building Level Administrator in a comprehensive
public high school is required.
3. Experience in the use of instructional technology.
4. Strong administrative, organizational and communication skills required.
5. Proven experience in the areas of curriculum development, classroom management, student
data analysis, special education, and technology required.
You may use the APPLY button.
This is a 12-month position. Salary is commensurate with experience and NJ regulations. Introductory interviews will begin in January 2019.