Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
- Valid New Jersey Instructional Certificate and Elementary Education/ Elementary School with Subject Matter Specialization Endorsement or eligibility
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective teaching methods and developmentally appropriate classroom activities
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- To provide an approved elementary education program and establish a class environment that fosters learning and personal growth;
- To help pupils develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for continued education; and
- To maintain good relationships with parents and other staff members.
Develops lesson plans and classroom learning activities
Instruction and pupil contact
- Works to achieve state core curriculum content standards and district educational goals and objectives by promoting active learning in the classroom using the board-adopted curriculum and other appropriate learning activities.
- Through use of data, develops lesson plans/instructional materials that are age-appropriate and provides for individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Develops and implements technology-rich lessons.
- Sets specific, measurable objectives in lesson preparation/plans and assesses achievement of these objectives following the lesson presentation.
- Participates on committees that plan and develop lesson activities and curriculum revisions.
- Monitors pupil academic progress and personal growth toward stated objectives of instruction.
- Maintains records of pupil's educational progress in class record books and/or board approved forms and summarizes these marks for reporting purposes.
- Identifies pupil needs and provides instruction appropriate to those needs.
Contact with parents and community
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a classroom climate conducive to learning.
- Budgets class time effectively.
- Devises written and oral assignments and tests that require analytical and critical thinking as well as the reproduction of facts.
Professional contacts and activities
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means required by the building principal to inform them about the school program and to discuss pupil progress.
- Makes effective use of community resources to enhance the instructional program.
- Cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and resolving learning problems.
- Maintains professional competence and continuous improvement through in-service education and other professional growth activities.
- Participates in school-level planning, faculty meetings/committees and other school system groups.
- Maintains high ethical and professional behavior in working with students, parents, school personnel and community organizations.
- Upholds and enforces school rules, administrative regulations and board policy.
- Performs other duties within the scope of teacher employment and certification as may be assigned by administration.
||September 1 to June 30 (ten months)
||In accordance with board policy
|Date(s) of Revision: