Social Emotional Learning/Social Skills Special Education Teacher
Full-time, 10 months, benefits, NJ DOE Teacher of the Handicapped Certificate or NJ DOE Teacher of Students with Disabilities Certificate and a Content Area Certification, previous experience working with special education population preferred
Under the direction of the school principal, provides guidance, consultation and professional development for staff and students on implementation of behavior management strategies and supports for students with challenging behaviors. Acts as a service provider for students with goals related to behavior or social emotional learning. Assists special education and general education teacher in providing a safe and secure learner-centered environment for students with disabilities.
Examples of Duties:
- Provides academic and social emotional learning instruction throughout the school day, as determined by a student’s Individualized Education Program.
- Teaches and supports direct instruction of social skills, anger management strategies, and conflict resolution skills to classes, small groups, and individual students.
- Utilizes and implements appropriate crisis intervention procedures as needed. Develops and implements crisis de-escalation intervention strategies and techniques. Provides leadership and training of positive behavior support strategies, to include crisis intervention and classroom management to school staff.
- Provides direct support to instructional staff in the use of positive behavioral interventions and the implementation of behavior management programs.
- Consults with parents, private providers, and agency representatives regarding student behavior and related issues.
- Meets and collaborates with the administrative team, academic teams, and individual teachers to discuss behavioral needs of students, identifies appropriate strategies and interventions.
- Assists with the implementation of Behavior Intervention Plans.
- Participates in IEP meetings, as needed.
- Collaborates with school staff to establish school-wide social skills goals and objectives.
Email letter of interest, resume, and NJ DOE Certificate(s) to
You may use the APPLY button.