School Business Administrator/Board Secretary
Start date: July 1, 2023
The Ocean Township School District, located in Ocean County, is accepting applications for an opening for a full-time School Business Administrator/Board Secretary. The Ocean Township School District is a two building PreK-6 district with a send/receive agreement for grades 7-12 with the Southern Regional School District. The district has a $20 million annual budget funding the education of 830 students.
Due to a supportive community that approved a special ballot question at the November 2022 election the district is well positioned financially for the conclusion of the S2 funding impact and is seeking a valuable addition to the administrative team to help guide the district through the next phases of its recovery.
Responsibilities for the position include planning and managing the district budget, oversight of the food service program, building and grounds department and technology department as well as the district’s insurance programs.
- Valid NJ School Business Administrator Certification
- Qualified Purchasing Agent certificate (QPA) preferred
- A thorough understanding of the generally accepted accounting principles established by the GASB, school budget preparation and internal control systems
- A thorough understanding of federal regulations for administration of federal grant programs, experience with grant writing and/or grant implementation a plus
- Knowledge of accepted business practices in school districts related to budget preparation and administration, risk management, accounts payable and receivable, purchasing, transportation, and food services.
- Experience with school plant operations, construction, facility planning, custodial and maintenance services preferred
- Proficiency with electronic databases, spreadsheets, and other technologies related to efficient business office operations
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills needed
- Required criminal history background check, physical and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
Mail letter of interest, resume and copy of Business Administrator Certificate to:
Dr. Christopher Lommerin, Superintendent
Ocean Township School District
64 Railroad Avenue
Waretown, NJ 08758
by Friday, March 31, 2023