In our District, we put students first. Our vision: all Camden students will attend a high quality school where they are valued, challenged, and prepared for college and careers that positively impact their community and the world. High quality schools have a great teacher in every classroom, are housed in safe, clean buildings equipped to meet the needs of 21st century learners, with the support of an efficient and effective Central Office. All this is possible only with the right team members in place, working together with partners and the community to provide all students the academic, social, and emotional supports needed to succeed in school and beyond. Read more here.
The Clerk III, Bilingual will play a key role in school and central office team operations by providing general administrative support and interacting with bilingual stakeholders.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma required; associate’s or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university strongly preferred
- Fluency in English and Spanish (speak, read, and write; and translate from Spanish to English and English to Spanish)
- Clerical and customer service experience required
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Required criminal history background check, physical and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
QUALIFICATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major roles and responsibilities include:
- Provide outstanding customer service to all internal and external stakeholders, including covering reception and phone duties, as needed, in both English and Spanish
- As needed,
- Manage the administrators’ calendar, schedule appointments and events, and prepare logistics for meetings
- Manage administrators’ correspondence, including answering incoming phone calls, emails, and letters
- Enter requisitions and monitor the school/team budget
- Organize and support school or team events, providing oral translation services as needed
- Manage school or team paperwork for field trips, permission forms, etc.
- Translate basic school documents, including permission forms, newsletters, and flyers/posters
- Data processing using computer systems
- Candidate will be required to perform a hiring exercise, as well as do one interview in English, and one interview in Spanish, before being deemed qualified and selected for the position
- Support projects and initiatives in other divisions and departments throughout CCSD on an as-needed basis
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Supervisor’s designee
An ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following and/or have experiences with:
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities in both English and Spanish
- A willingness to go above and beyond to do whatever it takes to achieve strong results
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and budget management programs
- Ability and desire to build and cultivate relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible, optimistic approach; committed to overcoming challenges
- Integrity and reliability in all interactions
- Commitment to the success of all Camden students
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Prompt and outstanding attendance
We are seeking individuals who will exemplify the district’s core values:
Respect and Humility
We serve our community by recognizing the strengths, experiences, and perspectives of others. We humbly recognize our own limitations and incorporate lessons we gain from our reflective practice.
We use evidence to inform decisions and to ensure that we are accountable to our students and families.
Communication & Collaboration
We communicate openly and work collaboratively, recognizing that getting to the best possible decisions requires input from others. Honest communications build trust and establish a community that assumes best intentions.
With respect for the complexity of this work and the history that precedes us, we focus on persistence, resourcefulness, and inclusiveness to drive toward solutions.
REPORTS TO & EVALUATED BY
- School Principal, Central Office Team Leader, or another administrator as designated
SALARY, EMPLOYMENT PERIOD, AND UNION AFFILIATION
- Based on CEA salary guide for Clerk III position based on qualifications and previous experience
- Twelve-month, tenureable position
(Pending availability of funds and Superintendent’s approval)
THE CAMDEN CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER