The Edgewater Park Township School District is seeking an inspirational and dynamic leader to serve as Vice-Principal at the Mildred Magowan Elementary School, effective October 1, 2019. The Vice-Principal will assist the Principal in the planning and implementation of curriculum and instruction to its 550 students and 120 staff in grades Pre-K through four. Additionally, he/she will oversee all aspects of the Preschool program and student discipline. Salary is negotiable, based on experience and qualifications, with a minimum salary of $70,000 plus benefits.
- Must have a valid NJ Principal certification and a valid NJ P-3 certification
- Elementary teaching and English Language Arts teaching experience preferred
- Administrative experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership in curriculum, instruction, technology, and team building
- Experience and/or knowledge of Restorative Practices and integrating SEL in school practices preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to engage in positive relationships with staff, parents, students, and community
- School budgeting experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations affecting education
- Detailed ability to analyze and use multiple forms of assessment data to improve student achievement
- Creative ability to define problems, collect data, draw valid conclusions and implement effective strategies
- Understands the value of diversity and equity in education
Interested applicants should send a cover letter expressing specific skills and talents that provide a good match for the position, resume, copies of certificates, and references to Dr. Roy A. Rakszawski, Superintendent of Schools by August 19, 2019. Packets can be mailed to 25 Washington Avenue, Edgewater Park, NJ 08010 or emailed to Lori Rebilas at email@example.com.