Vacancy for the 2022-2023 School Year
To ensure the proper working condition of the Willingboro Public Schools' network and technology infrastructure, allowing for the successful use of technology for instructional and operational purposes.
REPORTS TO: Technology Manager
- A minimum of three (3) years of successful experience in working with technology in a public school setting (preferred)
- Hold a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certificate (preferred)
- A minimum of (2) years of experience troubleshooting and implementing layer 3 switches
- A working knowledge of network equipment (switches, routers, firewalls)
- Ability to isolate and identify networking issues across multiple VLANs
- Knowledge of CAT5e, CAT6, and fiber optic cables
- Capable of making and installing CAT5e cabling
- Ability to configure and implement IPV4 policies on a FortiGate firewall
- Provide VoIP support, including but not limited to, voice VLAN operations and configuration
- Knowledge of Windows, Mac, and Chrome operating systems
- Ability to navigate and administer a Google Domain for users, devices, and applications
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and the ability to motivate people
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, and administration
- Troubleshoot network and infrastructure issues
- Analyze network traffic to determine baselines for all buildings
- Assist the computer technicians in upper-level trouble tickets
- Gather reports from infrastructure components and make recommendations for better utilization
- Keep the Google Domain organized and up to date with users and devices
- Assist the Technology Manager with network projects and tasks
- Monitor the WiFi network for best-optimized performance
- Support implementation of instructional technology programming
- Establish a professional rapport with staff members.
- Display the highest ethical and professional behavior and standards when working with staff members.
- Use effective presentation skills when addressing staff, including appropriate vocabulary and examples, clear and legible visuals, and articulate and audible speech.
- Use excellent written and oral English skills when communicating with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Complete in a timely fashion all records and reports as required by law and regulation or requested by the Technology Manager. Answer correspondence promptly.
- Attend required staff meetings and serve, as appropriate, on staff committees.
- Continue to grow professionally through collaboration with colleagues and professional growth experiences.
- Perform any duties that are assigned by the Technology Manager.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job. However, under no circumstances can an employee have essential responsibilities and functions removed from their employment requirements.
Unless reasonable accommodations can be made, while performing this job the staff member shall:
- Use strength to lift items needed to perform the functions of the job.
- Sit, stand, and walk for required periods of time.
- Speak and hear.
- Use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception along with the ability to focus vision.
- Communicate effectively in English, using proper grammar and vocabulary. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
- Reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to handle objects and computers and/or controls.
The environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all-inclusive. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job. However, under no circumstances can an employee have essential responsibilities and functions removed from their employment requirements.
- Exposure to a variety of childhood and adult diseases and illnesses.
- Occasional exposure to a variety of weather conditions.
- Exposure to heated/air-conditioned and ventilated facilities.
- Exposure to a building in which a variety of chemical substances are used for cleaning, instruction, and/or operation of equipment.
- Function in a workplace that is usually moderately quiet, but that can be noisy at times.
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
Twelve (12) Month, Non-Affiliated Position