FT PARAPROFESSIONAL with ABA experience - (Plumsted/New Egypt)
MOESC - Ocean County
2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
Willingness to support students who are classified with special needs in a public school located in Ocean County, NJ. Candidate should have the ability to work with special needs students, demonstrate good moral character, show initiative, be able to interact with other school personnel in a professional manner, have effective communication skills, and ensure student safety at all times. Valid/Current driver’s license and a high school diploma are required; highly qualified preferred.
- Not Highly Qualified: High School Diploma
- Highly Qualified: Sixty (60) or more college credits at an approved institution of higher education and/or proof of passing the Praxis Parapro Assessment Test.
- Preferred experience with children in a school setting.
- Good organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications and email.
- Good interpersonal skills with children and adults.
- Ability to pass a criminal history check and show proof of US Citizenship or legal resident alien status.
- Ability to communicate and have command of the English language.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent or his/her designee may find appropriate and acceptable.
- ABA experience preferred
- Assist the student(s) to whom assigned in such physical tasks as putting on and taking off outerwear, moving from room to room, using the lavatory, and toileting students when necessary.
- Perform simple errands and tasks for student(s) such as sharpening pencils, carrying lunch trays, scribing, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the teacher in helping students to reach their instructional goals and educational milestones.
- Under the supervision of the classroom teacher, work with students to reinforce material initially introduced by the teacher.
- Accompany student(s) to whom assigned from class to class around the building.
- Assist and support students in reaching their academic, social, and emotional goals.
- Make effort to establish an appropriate and professional relationship with the student(s).
- Maintain good attendance, appearance and punctuality.
- Assist students, as appropriate, when the student has physical limitations or is wheelchair bound.
- Meet student(s) at school bus at the start of the student’s school day and ensure student(s) are safely placed on the school bus at the end of the day, when necessary.
- Perform tasks as assigned by the Supervisor or his/ her designee.
The Paraprofessional must demonstrate physical strength, agility, and energy to perform essential job functions and to ensure health, welfare, and safety of all students and of self. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by the employee to perform the essential functions of the job: sitting, standing, reaching, walking, lifting, bending, crouching, kneeling, climbing, pushing, pulling, finger dexterity, carrying, repetitive motions, speaking, listening, visual acuity and the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Deadline: 8/12/20 or until filled
Salary: As per the Monmouth-Ocean Educational Services Commission approved rates.
Interested candidates must apply through NJ School Jobs.
Please attach your cover letter, resume, and reference letters with your application.
You may use the APPLY button.
MOESC - WE ARE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER -