Full-Time World Language Teacher
(Maternity Leave Replacement)
Date: February 1, 2020
Certification: World Language
The full-time World Language teacher provides instruction K-8.
- Valid New Jersey Certification K-6 certification; Valid certification for teacher of foreign language
- Demonstrated organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
- New Jersey residency.
- Minimum 2 years experience teaching in an elementary setting with proven results preferred.
- Plans, in accordance with established procedures both a program of study and lessons which are consistent with the approved course of study and which meet the individual needs, interests and abilities of students.
- Implements by instruction and action the School's philosophy of education and the State and School's instructional goals and objectives.
- Ensures satisfactory pupil progress and growth toward stated objectives of instruction.
- Employs instructional method and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives including positive attitudes toward learning.
- Develops effective procedures for the operation and management of the classroom and for following routine school procedures.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate student behavior in the classroom, school building and school grounds and exercises due care for the health, safety and well-being of the students in accordance with the philosophy and rules of the school.
- Assists in curriculum development and in the selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials.
- Works toward professional growth and meets the role model standards of a professional educator.
- Maintains cordial and workable professional and social relationships with other members of the professional and non-professional staff and with students, parents and community members.
- Displays respect towards the rights and feelings of students, thereby encouraging students to develop attitudes of respect for the rights, feelings, opinions and property of others.
- Confers, as necessary and/or desirable, with students and parents to foster a constructive student-teacher and parent-teacher relationship.
- Accurately maintains appropriate student records and submits required reports within designated time limits.
- Effectively contributes in a reasonable manner to the overall after school functions and student activities of his/her school unit.
- Gives proper attention to the care and protection of school property and uses material economically.
- Adheres to and promotes the philosophy and objectives of the school, the administrative staff and the Board of Education and interprets the policies and program of the school in a positive and constructive manner.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by the administrative staff in accordance with the contractual agreement or policies of the Board of Trustees.
Within 30 days of hire.
Negotiable; commensurate with experience
Send a cover letter, resume, to
You may use the APPLY button.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER