Special Education Teacher
Pre-K thru 12th grade
Valid New Jersey Instructional Certificate and appropriate Special Education Endorsement or eligibility
Holders of Certificates of Eligibility must have completed the 50 hour pre-professional experience to be considered
- Demonstrated ability to implement an IEP effectively
- Demonstrated knowledge of assigned content area and content-related pedagogy
- Ability to create and maintain a climate of respect and fairness for all students
- Strong knowledge of effective principles of teaching and learning
- Ability to effectively motivate and assess students academically and socially
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective teaching methods and ability to maintain a positive learning environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication, managerial and leadership skills
- Effectively communicates and understands job instructions both verbally and written in the English language.
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
Excellent work conditions
Atlantic City Public School District is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Candidates for employment who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to be tested for the usage of controlled dangerous substances as they are defined in N.J.S.A. 2C:35-2.