Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Greater Egg Harbor Regional High School District
Atlantic County, New Jersey
1824 Dr. Dennis Foreman Drive
Mays Landing, NJ 08330
TITLE: Transportation Assistant
The Transportation Assistant will assist the Supervisor of Transportation with organizing, developing and maintaining transportation operations.
REPORTS TO: Transportation Supervisor, School Business Administrator and Superintendent
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop transportation routes for all public high school students.
The Board reserves the right to hire before the closing of this post.
- Develop and keep updated list of all students for whom the district is responsible.
- Schedule all activity trips, as requested by and approved by school administration.
- Serve as a liaison with school personnel and contractors as it pertains to the safety of students riding buses to and from school activities.
- Monitor performance of contractors to ensure all scheduled routes and trips occur in line with contractual responsibilities. Reconcile scheduled routes and trips with billing to ensure proper and efficient services are received.
- Receive and investigate, where appropriate, all telephone or written complaints; record same and indicate action taken in written reports or correspondence. Work as a liason with school administration.
- Cooperatively develop with district personnel information needed to complete the DRTRS District transportation worksheet due the third week in October each year.
- Cooperatively work with Transportation Supervisor, Special Education Department and School Administration to ensure adequate coverage is maintained for required aides and nurses and that this personnel is in compliance with all requirements.
- Monitor that all contractors meet contractual and state safety standards.
- Perform other such duties as may be required by the Transportation Supervisor, Business Administrator or Superintendent.