TEACHER ASSISTANT FOR ESL PROGRAM
*MUST SPEAK SPANISH*
QUALIFICATIONS: The Instructional Teacher Assistant for the ESL Program shall be a high school graduate. Possess typing skills appropriate to the assignment and ability to perform other clerical assignments including but not limited to filing, collating, duplicating. The Instructional Teacher Assistant must have on file his/her criminal background check.
REPORTS TO: Principal
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Ten (10) Months--Part-Time
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Instructional Teacher Assistant
- Shall, when requested, provide clerical services as indicated by immediate supervisor.
- Shall, when requested, assist a teacher or unit with activities.
- Shall, when requested, provide appropriate supervision of the playground or indoors under the direction of an administrator or teacher who shall assume the responsibility for the outcome.
- Shall, in an emergency, assume temporary authority for the care and well-being of the students assigned to the immediate supervisor.
- Shall perform other duties which may be necessary to ensure the proper functioning of the school and which are incident to the position of Instructional Teacher Assistant.