GLASSBORO PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- Experience as a coach or assistant coach of desired sport, with evidence of success in working with student-athletes.
- Knowledge of basic skills and techniques related to the activity.
- Required criminal history background check, physical and TB Test.
- Valid New Jersey Teaching Certificate or Substitute Certificate
- Excellent interpersonal skills to relate well to students, staff, administration, parents and the community.
- First Aid, CPR, AED, Concussion and Heat Acclimatization certifications preferred (or acquired upon hire).
- Ability to demonstrate the physical skills associated with the desired sport, be able to explain the rules and regulations of the sport and to convey strategy to young players.
Reports To: Director of Athletics
All coaching positions require the incumbent to perform all of the following duties in accordance with school policy and the coaches' handbook.
- Plans, organizes and implements an interscholastic program consistent with the total educational philosophy of the Board of Education.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Works with the Director of Athletics in scheduling interscholastic contests.
- Prepares annual budget for equipment, supplies and uniforms.
- Maintains necessary rosters, inventories, and similar paperwork.
- Ensures the safety conditions of the facility or area in which their assigned sport is conducted.
- Keeps abreast of current sport knowledge and coaching techniques in designated sport and of the governing policies, rules, regulations, procedures, and eligibility requirements of the District.
- Enforces discipline and sportsmanlike behavior at all times and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Provides the Director of Athletics with information that will help in the evaluation of his/her assistant coaches.
- Encourages academic achievement of all athletes through diligent monitoring and counseling.
- Meets periodically with his/her staff to ensure consistency with their program.
- Conducts training sessions with his/her staff prior to the start of the season.
- Serves as a resource person for his/her staff.
- Conducts other jobs related to his/her program suggested by the Director of Athletics and/or Principal.
- Conforms to rules and regulations as stated in the Coaches Manual.
- Remains mindful of the District’s hours of operations and will not schedule events, practices,