ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL OF INSTRUCTION
This role is eligible for up to $8,000 in bonuses!
Positions available in both Philadelphia and Camden!
Mastery Schools is seeking dynamic and passionate Assistant Principals of Instruction to lead our urban school turn-around efforts in Philadelphia. As the Assistant Principal of Instruction, you lead and supervise a team of teachers in educating 700+ secondary or elementary school students. Reporting directly to the Principal, you will lead a talented and dedicated team of teachers toward creating and fostering a participatory, student-centered and rigorously outcomes-driven culture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive and support implementation of Mastery Schools’ vision and guiding principles to ensure a positive, achievement-focused school culture for teachers, staff and students
- Lead and supervise a high-functioning team of educators focused on driving superior academic performance and fostering a high level of personal responsibility
- Supervise teachers’ instructional methods, evaluate lesson plans, provide weekly observations and professional development opportunities, and coach teachers around effective instructional strategies
- Identify students who could benefits from additional support and guide them toward supplemental educational services as necessary
- Engage parents and other community members in school activities to engender a neighborhood-centered approach to learning and development
- Support the Principal in ensuring effective collection and analysis of student performance data to identify struggling students, curriculum shortfalls, and teacher quality issues
- Manage various administration functions, including testing schedules and absenteeism needs for teachers
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated success in the classroom, preferably within an urban school setting
- Master’s Degree in Education strongly preferred
- Experience in and/or understanding of the public school system or charter schools is desirable