The Sustainability Institute at The College of New Jersey seeks a creative and motivated person to join our team working on the rapidly growing New Jersey Future Ready Schools Program (FRS-NJ). The Program Manager will be the primary staff person for FRS-NJ and will perform most required day to day tasks, as well as provide critical leadership for the program.
FRS-NJ is a school certification program designed to support school efforts to prepare students for success in the digital age and to support school utilization of emerging technology for teaching and connecting with the community. The Program fosters and enables collaboration both within and between schools and districts, develops best practices and new models, provides support and connects educators with resources, and sets standards and issues a prestigious certification for leading schools. Key program partners include the New Jersey Schools Boards Association and the New Jersey Department of Education.
The Sustainability Institute at the College of New Jersey is a “think and do” tank that manages a number of cutting edge research and outreach programs focused on addressing the most pressing environmental, economic, and social challenges. We work with government entities, as well as the private sector, to help municipalities and school districts develop better capacity to understand the long term consequences of their actions and develop and deploy best practices to achieve a sustainable future. The Institute manages numerous high profile programs including the award-winning Sustainable Jersey Certification Program and the Future Ready Schools New Jersey Program (FRS-NJ).
Working with a team that includes the Institute’s Executive Director, the program manager will oversee the day-to-day administration of FRS-NJ, participate in setting the program’s strategic direction in collaboration with senior staff and external partners, and interface with external targets to forge new partnerships. The program manager will be actively involved in fundraising efforts. Key operational duties include planning, preparation, evaluation, and control of communications, events, records, statistics, reports, and documents; development and distribution of the annual program calendar, development and execution of operational processes, and program evaluation. In addition, the manager will develop and maintain effective relationships with public and private institutions and agencies to assess program needs, implement modifications, or develop innovations.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Knowledge of the role of technology in schools including: operations and the deployment of technology to support digital learning; enhancing communications among school administration, staff, students, parents and the community at large; and pedagogical methods to prepare students for success in a technology infused world.
- Ability to utilize collaboration and productivity technology platforms such as G Suite to manage a project, program or a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to communicate in presentations and reports, and with external clients and partners through email.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to organize meetings, manage contact networks, and work independently.
- Ability to learn quickly and work well in a fast-paced team environment.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Familiarity with the subject matter including in-class teaching experience.
- Skill in using G Suite for Education to create opportunities for learning, collaboration, and streamlining administrative tasks and processes.
- Knowledge of public policy and political issues surrounding the provision of K-12 public education in New Jersey
We seek the right dynamic person to thrive and grow with our team and the FRS-NJ program and welcome applications from a wide range of people with varying experience and skill. The salary is competitive and commensurate with the experience and skill of the applicant, and comes with a comprehensive New Jersey State Government benefits package including retirement benefits, health, dental, prescription and generous sick and vacation leave. This position is a non-unit position (non-union) and carries the generic state title of Project Specialist. Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, optional writing sample (or other relevant work product) and the names of 3 professional references by December 6, 2019. Final offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
The College of New Jersey, a highly selective, comprehensive residential institution, is recognized as one of the outstanding colleges in the country. Its 289 acre tree-lined campus, located in suburban Ewing Township between New York and Philadelphia, draws upon the rich scholarly, scientific and cultural resources of the region. There are approximately 6,500 full-time undergraduate students and 900 graduate students enrolled at The College.
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.