Job Overview: Provide staff and students in a K-12 environment with timely and knowledgeable support of software, hardware, networking and other aspects of technology.
- Provide end-user support on a variety of issues ranging from software applications to hardware to audio-visual equipment across a variety of devices and platforms including, but not limited to: PC's, Mac's, iPad's, Chromebooks, Printers and SmartBoards.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems in a timely manner; Update users on the progress of resolution.
- Respond to telephone, e-mail and in-person requests for technical support.
- Complete assigned work orders within established time-frames.
- Identify and propose new policies and procedures related to technology-use and/or department operations to improve services and prevent future issues.
- Act as facilitator with vendors and District staff to resolve technical issues for end-users.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of network infrastructure/connectivity technology including switches, LAN, Telephony, Ethernet and WiFi.
- Basic LAN and telephony wiring.
- Configuration, setup and installation of software applications.
- Assist end users in training of software applications and use of equipment where applicable.
- Participate in installation and configuration of equipment such as desktops, projectors, interactive whiteboards, printers, desktop switches in accordance with District and vendor guidelines and standards.
- Participate in large scale deployment of new hardware and software.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Work well as part of a team, and interact well with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- COMPTIA A+ certification preferred but not required
- Other IT/Technical degree/certificate preferred but not required
- Two to five years of field experience providing technical support in a 50+ user or enterprise-level environment
- Experience in an educational environment preferred but not required
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, using proper writing skills, grammar and vocabulary
- Bilingual Spanish-speaking skills preferred
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver's license with no serious violations
- Must have vehicle to travel between several locations/buildings (within a 2-mile radius)
- If selected for this opportunity, the incumbent must provide evidence that a criminal record history check has been conducted and clearance has been given by the Department of Education.
- Provide evidence that health is adequate to fulfill the job functions and responsibilities, with reasonable accommodation pursuant to 42 U.S.C. 12101 and in accordance with N.J.A.C. 6:3-4A.4.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated individual who is a self-starter with excellent communications skills and the ability to handle several tasks at once. The Computer Technician will be familiar with all aspects of Windows, PC administration, Microsoft Office, iPad/iOS, and Chromebook support. He/She will respond to support calls from the school community regarding all hardware and software issues.
Working knowledge of:
- Microsoft Windows
- Mac OS X
- Microsoft Office
- Desktop Virtualization (Basics)
- Laserjet and Multi-Function Printers
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Network connectivity (TCP/IP, DNS, Ethernet)
- Infrastructure cabling (LAN and Telephony)
Working Conditions: 12-month position
- Use strength to lift items needed to perform the functions of the job.
- Sit, stand and walk for required periods of time.
- Use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception along with the ability to focus vision.
- Reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to handle objects and operate tools, computers, and/or controls.
Application Procedure: Apply Online via AppliTrack
Selection Procedure: Screening of applications; Selected applicants will be given an online basic computer skills test; filtering of responses; interview of remaining applicants by committee with a basic troubleshooting task; final recommendation by committee will be submitted to the Superintendent for Board approval.