Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Moorestown Township Public Schools
Department of Human Resources, Diversity & Inclusion
803 North Stanwick Road
Moorestown NJ 08057
(856) 778-6600 ext. 18261
2022-2023 Anticipated Vacancy
Title: Supervisor of Buildings and Grounds
The Buildings and Grounds Supervisor, working under the direction of the School Business Administrator, is responsible for all aspects of plant operation and maintenance. In addition, the Buildings and Grounds Supervisor is responsible for developing, managing all district repairs and renovation projects, supervising custodial, and maintenance personnel.
- Must be a Certified Educational Facilities Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training and experience.
- Five years’ experience, preferably in a school district environment, in the supervisor of buildings and grounds, maintenance, or any combination of training, education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities needed for the position.
- Possess leadership and management skills necessary to oversee the Building and Grounds staff, outside contractors and facilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use computers and database software, internet software, spreadsheet and worked processing programs.
- Considerable knowledge of the current and topical problems, procedures and methods used in managing buildings and grounds maintenance.
- Considerable knowledge of the approved materials and procedures, which are effective in maintaining buildings and grounds.
- Ability to keep necessary records in an organized and accessible manner.
- Demonstrated ability to select, direct and supervise a group of employees; to assign work and check on its progress and evaluate its completion.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administrators, principals, employees and suppliers.
- Ability to work on site during hours required.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Required criminal background check (S414) and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal alien status.
- Meet New Jersey Residency Requirements.
All candidates should apply online at: www.generalasp.com/mtps/onlineapp
Moorestown Township Public Schools is an Affirmative Action Employer/EEO