Part-time: 15-25 hours per week
Primary Locations – Trenton, Newark, and Monmouth County, NJ
The nonprofit Conserve Wildlife Foundation of New Jersey seeks an experienced Educator to help build our fast-growing education program.
Education responsibilities may include:
- delivering in-class, after-school, and summer programs in varied locations for grades ranging from Kindergarten through Middle School
- assisting on field trips
- managing our annual 5th-grade wildlife art and essay contest;
- developing our high school online technology contest;
- developing curricula around our wildlife webcams;
- developing our Scout Merit Badge program;
- developing new standards-based programming, and
- other education work as needed.
The job will also include a range of administrative responsibilities in support of the education program. NJ-based travel will be necessary. Most work will be during business hours; however, there may be occasional nights or weekend work needed.
Three years or more experience in environmental education or education is preferred, along with a Bachelor’s degree; nonprofit experience is a plus. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, knowledgeable professional with excellent classroom presentation skills, strong communications, multi-tasking ability, and the motivation to be a successful self-starter.
Deadline for applications is October 1, 2019. Select candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Position may start as soon as possible.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to CWF at careers@ConserveWildlifeNJ.org.
Please note “Education Position” in email subject line.
Visit www.ConserveWildlifeNJ.org to learn more about our team.