- Valid New Jersey Principal Certificate or eligibility.
- Minimum experience as determined by the Board of Education.
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
All certified and non-certified school staff as assigned by, or in the absence of, the Principal.
To assist the Principal in providing schoolwide educational leadership.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Principal in duties related instruction, supervision, evaluation, and the overall administration of the school.
- Assumes the responsibilities in maintaining high standards of student conduct and enforcing discipline policies. Assists in the preparation of required reports of violence, vandalism, substance abuse, and possession of firearms.
- Conducts safety inspections and safety drill practice activities.
- Supervises the reporting and monitoring of student attendance, and conducts follow-up actions as necessary.
- Makes recommendations to the Principal for changes in policies, personnel practices, and other such matters that may result in a more effective school administration.
- Performs such recordkeeping functions as the Principal may direct (teacher/student handbook).
- Conducts staff meetings as necessary for the proper functioning of the school as assigned by the Principal.
- Supervises the cafeteria.
- Supervises extra-curricular programs, assembly programs, and assignment of faculty members to assist at school functions.
- Assists in the scheduling process.
- Works with community agencies and support personnel as a liaison for students.
- Assumes responsibility for his/her continuing professional growth and development by attendance at professional meetings, memberships in professional organizations, enrollment in advanced courses, and by reading professional journals and other publications.
- Serves as building administrator in the absence of the Principal.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by the Principal or Superintendent.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Salary and work year to be determined by the Board of Education.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with state law and provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of certified staff.