Virtual Teaching Position
Work From Home
Must Be Available During the Students' Instructional Day: No After-School or Weekend Classes
Teacher – ENGLISH SECONDARY
Terms of Employment: 10 Months: FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
The teacher will implement into daily instruction appropriate educational curriculum based on the Common Core State Standards and the course syllabi. The teacher will create and maintain an educational atmosphere that encourages effective student learning. This person will be expected to adhere to all Proximity Learning Inc.’s policies and report directly to the Manager of Teacher Effectiveness. Approved candidates will be placed into an active teacher pool.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* This list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
* Administer appropriate curriculum, which is aligned with the Common Core State Standards.
* Ensure the opportunity for all students to learn in a supportive environment.
* Create and maintain a positive and academically focused learning condition in the virtual environment.
* Develop and implement the Components of an Effective English Lesson.
* Analyze student progress and provide appropriate instruction.
* Develop a classroom climate that promotes positive learning conditions.
* Participate in other job-related duties and activities related to the position as assigned
* Demonstrate knowledge, skill, and ability to provide instruction in a secondary virtual classroom.
* Work cooperatively with students, colleagues, and company management.
* Guide the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals.
* Establish and communicate clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects.
* Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with instructional objectives, in order to meet the needs of all students.
* Participate as an active member with other faculty and staff.
* Maintain accurate and complete records as required by company policy.
* Maintain and improve professional competence.
* Communicate effectively both written and orally.
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Training:
* Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Licenses and Certifications:
* Must possess a teaching license issued by a state department of education.
* Certified in relevant subject area.
* Internet: Consumer-grade WiFi, Wired Internet connection.
* Internet Speeds: 15 MBPS Download, 5 MBPS Upload, Check through speedtest.net
* Computer: Processor: Single Core 1.5Ghz or Higher, RAM: 4GB or higher, Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 Mac 2014 or newer, No Chromebooks.
* Two Monitors: Laptop Screen + External Monitor (for laptops) Computer Monitor + External Monitor (for desktop computers)
* Camera: Webcam or HD webcam HD camera
* Audio: Built-in, USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth. One of the following - Combination Headsets or Speakers and a microphone
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin.
To learn more about Proximity Learning and what we are about click on the link below: https://vimeo.com/210311283