This position is at Empowerment Academy, Beloved's sister school. To apply, please email the Principal directly with your resume and certifications. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
CERTIFICATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS
The Candidate will need EITHER: 1) to possess School Nurse certification in New Jersey; 2) to be currently enrolled in a School Nurse certification program.
• Carrying out written orders of the medical home and standing orders of the school physician;
• Conducting health screenings which include height, weight, blood pressure, hearing, vision and scoliosis;
• Monitoring vital signs and general health status for emergent issues for students suspected of being under the influence of alcohol and controlled dangerous substances;
• Maintaining student health records;
• Recommending to the school principal those students who shall not be admitted to or retained in the school building based on a parent‘s failure to provide evidence of the child‘s immunization according to specified schedules;
• Annually reviewing student immunization records to confirm with the medical home that the medical condition for the exemption from immunization continues to be applicable;
• Recommending to the school principal exclusion of students who show evidence of communicable disease;
• Directing and supervising the emergency administration of epinephrine and training school staff designated to serve as delegates;
• Administering asthma medication through use of a nebulizer;
• Directing and supervising the health services activities of any school staff to whom the certified School Nurse has delegated a nursing task;
• When appropriate, transmitting a summary of relevant health and medical information to a Child Study Team;
• Writing and updating, at least annually, the individualized health care plan and the individualized emergency healthcare plan for students’ medical needs and instructing staff as appropriate;
• Implementing and assisting in the development of healthcare procedures for students in the event of an emergency;
• Instructing teachers on communicable disease and other health concerns;
• Providing other nursing services consistent with the School Nurse‘s certification;
• Collaborating with staff in grade-level and department planning meetings, and in professional development activities;
• Helping with school-wide activities and providing supervision of students during class, breaks, and meals when needed;
• Assisting with tasks necessary for the successful and orderly functioning of the school (such as hallway supervision, arrival/departure transitions, field trips, and other such duties as the school leadership may request from staff); and
• Participating in events outside of normal school hours such as family nights, student performances, field trips, and teacher–parent conferences.
***We will also rely on your expertise as part of our Pandemic Response Team and you will be considered an essential employee helping to prepare our school for the Covid-19 Pandemic.
REPORTING AND STAFF RELATIONSHIPS
The candidate will receive support from our other school nurses. All nurses report to the Principal or Designee and are part of a school-wide team that includes many different student support professionals.