Saint Joseph School, Carteret, NJ
The following positions are available for the 2022-2023 school year;
Elementary Education Position (Fourth Grade) - Must hold or be eligible for appropriate Elementary Education NJ Certification
Music Teacher PreK-8th Grade, Part-Time Position - Must hold or be eligible for NJ Music Certification or Certificate of Eligibility
Art Teacher PreK-8th Grade, Part-Time Position - Must hold or be eligible for NJ Art Certification or Certificate of Eligibility
Spanish Teacher 5th-8th Grade Part-Time Position - Must hold or be eligible for NJ Spanish Certification or Certificate of Eligibility
We are looking for candidates who have the ability to share and demonstrate the following qualities:
- Be energetic and excited about teaching
- Be committed to the mission of Catholic education
- Be a practicing Catholic with knowledge and understanding of the Catholic faith
- Have knowledge of current best practices
- A philosophical and practical understanding of differentiated instruction and student-centered learning
- Proven effective instructional strategies in literacy and writing
- Research-based instructional practices in helping students to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Effective use of technology applications to enhance student learning
- Experience teaching with Google Classroom and Google Applications
- Necessary interpersonal skills to communicate and work with students, parents, and staff
- Thrives in a working environment where collaboration and teamwork are essential
- Create lesson plans and assessments, maintain student records, and achieve academic standards
Elementary Education Position (Fourth Grade)
Modify the general education curriculum for all students based upon various instructional techniques and technologies. Can support and implement hands-on and STEM/Project-based Learning.
Experience/Skilled in Elementary General Music instruction and pedagogy and ability to organize and direct an elementary/middle school level chorus.
Knowledge of liturgical songs and liturgy preferred.
Experience/Skilled in Elementary Art instruction and pedagogy and ability to be creative and flexible.
Experience/Skilled in Middle School Spanish Instruction and pedagogy.
Interested candidates must submit, a letter of interest, resume, three references, hold or is eligible for a valid teacher certificate in the required field, and Virtus Training Certificate to Principal, Joanne McKnight at email@example.com.
NJ Criminal Background Check will be required upon hire.