Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
POSITION: SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR – CYBERSECURITY & NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE
REPORTS TO: Chief Information Officer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity or related field required, Master’s degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Working knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6.
- Working knowledge of fundamental network infrastructure protocols such as DNS & DHCP.
- Basic knowledge of BGP, OSPF & PIM-SM unicast/multicast routing protocols.
- Working knowledge of fundamental Ethernet switching technologies such as TCAM, STP, LAG, VLAN, QoS, etc.
- Working knowledge of Wi-Fi networks.
- Working knowledge of fundamental firewall capabilities such as ACLs, NAT, IPsec VPN, SSL VPN and related firewall operating systems such as PAN-OS.
- Basic knowledge of L2 security technologies such as 802.1X & MACsec.
- Basic knowledge of network access control and related products such as Aruba ClearPass.
- Basic knowledge of intrusion prevention systems.
- Working knowledge of e-mail & endpoint security products such as Microsoft Defender for Office 365 and Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
- Basic knowledge of vulnerability scanning products such as Tenable Nessus.
- Basic knowledge of change management processes.
- Working knowledge of SIEM products such as Splunk.
- Working knowledge of how to harden Linux & Windows servers.
- Basic knowledge of cloud computing platforms such as AWS.
- Basic knowledge of SaaS productivity platforms such as Google Workspace and Microsoft 365.
- Working knowledge of network security best practices, including but not limited to NIST Cybersecurity Framework, NIST Zero Trust Architecture, Baldrige Cybersecurity Excellence Builder, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into networking/security issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks and remain calm during high-pressure situations.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- 27.Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may deem appropriate.
JOB GOALS: Oversees all aspects of the district’s network infrastructure, network security infrastructure and endpoint security infrastructure. Ensures reliable and secure communications across the campus, the public cloud and to remote users.
1.Perform IPv4 & IPv6 address planning and maintenance.
2.Administer the district’s DNS & DHCP infrastructure.
3.Administer the district’s routing, switching & Wi-Fi infrastructure across both Aruba and Cisco product lines.
4.Administer the district’s Palo Alto Networks firewalls.
5.Administer the district’s Aruba ClearPass NAC solution.
6.Perform regular vulnerability scanning against the district’s network infrastructure and datacenter assets.
7.Conduct cybersecurity-related investigations.
8.Ensure a robust logging infrastructure using Splunk and related open-source tools.
9.Develop scripts to automate repetitive networking & security administrative processes.
10.Enhance the district’s networking and security architecture and processes based on industry best practices.
11.Ensure secure operations within cloud computing environments (AWS) & SaaS products.
12.Ensure secure datacenter operations:
a.Harden Linux & Windows servers as per industry best practices.
b.Harden datacenter infrastructure devices.
c.Administer VMware NSX-T security capabilities such as NSX Firewall, Guest Introspection, VPN, etc.
13.Administer Microsoft Defender for Endpoint and Microsoft Defender for Office 365.
14.Ensure a safe and secure end-user computing environment, including, but not limited to, e-mail/productivity software (Office 365/Google Workspace), Mac desktops/laptops, Windows desktops/laptops, mobile devices and VDI.
15.Develop and maintain technical documentation for all areas of oversight.
16.Perform other related activities in the district as assigned by the Chief Information Officer.
EMPLOYMENT: 12 months; salary to be determined by the Board
DEADLINE: October 5, 2022
“An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer”