QUALIFICATIONS: New Jersey Teacher Certification or County Substitute Teacher Certification; knowledge of the sport which the individual intends to coach; knowledge of NJSIAA conference and school regulations.
REPORTS TO: Athletic Director and Building Principal or his/her designee
Head coaches will be responsible for:
1. Attending all meetings, practices, scrimmages, and games.
2. Developing and carrying our program to teach the appropriate skills to the athletes under his/her charge.
3. Caring for distribution, collection, and storage of uniforms and equipment.
4. Supervising players at all times when players are under the jurisdiction of the coaches including, but not limited to, locker rooms, busses, during and after games, etc.
5. Preparing a budget as per the Athletic Director.
6. Keeping team members informed of practice schedules, games, cancellations and other pertinent information.
7. Using positive methods to teach team members proper sportsmanship, attitudes, and behavior.
8. Completing all necessary reports and records as required.
9. Assisting the Athletic Director to develop adequate crowd control procedures and practices at the same time.
10. Teaching proper health and safety procedures to team members.
11. Maintaining primary responsibility for handling all disciplinary matters.
12. Acting in a professional manner at all times toward officials, spectators, players, opponents, and all other personnel involved.
13. Keeping the Athletic Director informed of all potential and/or actual problem situations.
14. Maintaining primary responsibility for and control of team behavior.
15. Preparing and distributing to all team members a set of written rules and regulations. These rules and regulations are to be approved by the Athletic Director prior to the beginning of the season.
16. Keeping the assistant informed of all team members.
17. Following the proper chain of command in all matters pertaining to athletics; i.e., Athletic Director – Principal.
18. Contacting the Guidance Counselors on all matters regarding college placement of students.
19. Responsibility for checking the eligibility requirements and the eligibility of students as determined by the principal and the Athletic Director and as established by the NJSIAA and the Penns Grove-Carneys Point Regional Board of Education.
20. Immediately report all injuries to Athletic Trainer and Athletic Director.
21. Report scores to designated website immediately after competition.
22. Performing all other appropriate duties as required by the Athletic Director.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12-Month Year
EVALUATION: Annually by the Superintendent of Schools and Board of Education