Hatikvah International Charter School is a public, secular K-8 program with an enrollment of 500 students whose studies include partial immersion in Modern Hebrew language. Please visit our mission page on our website to view the school's first graduating class's video production where they explain their Modern Hebrew education.
The school is seeking a receptionist who is capable of handling a very busy front desk, door, and telephones with sensitivity towards the need for school security and safety. In addition to this work, the successful applicant will be someone with experience in student recruitment for a charter school.
The required qualifications for the receptionist portion of this position are:
1. Experience answering calls and delivering on positive and polite customer service with follow-up when needed.
2. The ability to multi-task front door attention with frequent interuptions.
3. Strong and careful message taking skills.
4. Stong and professional ability to maintain confidentiality of student records.
5. Ability to perform clerical task functions (including using Excel sheets).
The required qualifications for the student recruitment portion of this position are:
- Positive and outgoing nature; neat and clean appearance.
- Knowledge and cultural competence of the local student and parent community.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with a diverse group of people.
- Outstanding telephone and interview skills.
- Extensive customer service drive.
- Basic computer skills and social media experience.
- Detail oriented and able to organize recruitment data.
- Self-discipline and capable of working both independently and with a team.
- Comfort working a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and a clean driving record.
- Willingness to use a personal smartphone for this position (photographs, videos, posting on social media, making school applications)
- Understanding of and adherence to student privacy protections.
- Preference given to a candidate with at least one student who has successfully completed a year of school at Hatikvah and will be returning for the following year.
- Spanish/English bilingual fluency.
- Canvassing and/or phone-banking experience.
- Productive existing relationships with East Brunswick area day care/nursery.
Hours/Compensation for this position is as follows:
This position is 8:00 am to 3:00 pm on Mondays-Fridays. The annual salary is $28.000.00. For approved evening and weekend recruitment events, there is additional time + one half on an hourly basis calculated based on the annual salary. This posiiton is bonus eligible at the School Board's discretion using criteria of satisfactorily performing recruitment goals. This position is also eligible for health, dental, and other benefits and paid school vacations as well as personal release time. The successful applicant must submit for all necessary child abuse clearances/fingerprinting through the NJ Department of Education as well as TB testing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Do not send any emails to the school or to school personnel. The ONLY way to apply is to send your resume, a cover letter, and the names, telephone numbers, and emails of three professional references from previous or current employers to this email: email@example.com. Please type "Receptionist" in the subject line.