School Business Administrator
TBD Potentially 3 – 5 Days per Week
Job Requirements: To supervise, manage and coordinate the business affairs of the Approved
Private School for Students with Disabilities (APSSD) efficiently and effectively; to ensure that
educational support services help to achieve the educational goals of the school with the
available financial resources.
1. Assists the Executive Director / Principal in the preparation of the annual school budget
and is responsible for the administration of all phases of the budget throughout the year.
2. Serves as general accountant for the board. Keeps accurate and detailed accounts of all
financial transactions as prescribed by statute, administrative code and board policy.
3. Must be well versed in Approved Private School for Students with Disabilities (APSSD)
accounting practices, Quarterly Financial Reports and Annual Audit as required by the
4. Assumes responsibility for the audit of all claims, invoices and demands against the
board, present them for board approval and submits them to the treasurer of the APSSD
moneys for payment.
5. Serves as the official purchasing agent of the board and is responsible for establishing
procedures for the acquisition of supplies and equipment for the APPSD in accordance
with law and board policies.
6. Assists the Executive Director / Principal in the development and implementation of a
multi-year (3-5 years) comprehensive maintenance plan and the district’s long range
facilities master plan.
7. Responsible for the efficient operation of the district’s food services program; ensures
that procedures are in accordance with law and regulations, and supervises food service
8. Assists the superintendent and the board in developing and updating policies for all
aspects of the school business operation,
9. Report to the board at each regular meeting the amount of the total appropriations and
cash receipts for each account, the amount of warrants drawn against each account, and
the amount of orders or contractual obligations incurred and chargeable against each
10. Keep all contracts, records and documents belonging to the board;
11. Give the board a detailed report of its financial transactions at the close of each fiscal
year and provide required information to APSSD Auditor.
12. Protect confidentiality of records and information gained as part of exercising
professional duties and use discretion in sharing such information within legal confines.
13. Observe strictly, to avoid the appearance of conflict, all requirements of the School
Ethics Act (N.J.S.A. 18A:12- 21 et. seq.) regarding conflicts of interest in employment,
purchasing, and other decisions, including solicitation and acceptance of gifts and favors,
and submit in a timely fashion the required annual disclosure statement regarding
employment and financial interests.
14. Perform any duties that are within the scope of employment and certifications, as
assigned by the Executive Director / Principal and the Board of Trustees not otherwise
prohibited by law or regulation.
Terms of Employment: 12-month employee, salary commensurate with experience. Contract as
set by the Board of Trustees
Annual Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with NJ
State law and the provisions of the board’s policy on evaluations