Moorestown Township Public Schools
803 N. Stanwick Road
Moorestown NJ 08057
(856) 778-6600 ext. 18260
Title: Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Innovation
Reports to: Superintendent of Schools
1. A New Jersey School Administrator (Standard, CE) or a NJ Supervisor certification
2. A minimum of 3 years of experience as an administrator
3. A minimum of 4 years teaching experience
4. Demonstrated successful and innovative leadership experience in curriculum and instruction which includes development, organizational changes and implementation
5. Knowledge of NJDOE Student Learning Standards
6. Knowledge of program evaluation, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessments and diagnosis and research related to learning
7. Experience working with diverse student and staff populations
8. Knowledge of culture competencies
9. Ability to review, revise, and oversee curriculum development and instructional practices as they relate to students of color
10. Demonstrate the ability to incorporate technology in the implementation of curriculum and instruction
11. Demonstrate the ability to use technology for word processing, data management, presentations, and telecommunications
12. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
13. Ability to motivate people
14. Ability to pass the required Criminal History Review
15. Ability to complete S414
16. Ability to pass the required physical examination
17. Possess a valid NJ driver’s license
A. Instructional Leadership
1. Provides leadership, coordination and supervision of the curriculum to insure its alignment with NJDOE Student Learning Standards.
2. Assumes a leadership role in the design, implementation and evaluation of the district’s staff development program to insure alignment with state standards and district curriculum and assessment tools.
3. Assumes a leadership role in reviewing district curriculum to ensure inclusiveness of people of color in all PreK-12 curricula.
4. Provides leadership, coordination and supervision for the district’s approved curriculum.
5. Provides leadership implementing a strategic vision that accomplishes board goals.
6. Provides leadership that ensures blended learning with the utilization of technology.
7. Provides leadership that implements innovative instructional and learning practices that includes the blending of technology.
B. Instructional Technology
1. Collaborates with Content Area Supervisors, teachers, building principals, and the Director of Informational Technology to develop curriculum materials and specific lesson plans that integrate technology.
2. Models the integration of technology in all curriculum areas.
3. Blends the implementation of hardware, software and mind-ware to ensure instructional innovation.
4. Collaborates with the Director of Educational Technology and Innovation to ensure the integration of educational software.
5. Facilitates district-wide participation in technology programs and activities.
C. Personnel Administration
1. Exercises direct supervision of Content Area Supervisors.
2. Acts as a member of the administrative team in the absence of the Superintendent and assumes all responsibilities related to the educational program in the district.
3. Assists Content Supervisors and principals with the development and implementation of effective and efficient procedures and practices that are child-centered.
4. Oversees the District’s mentoring program for novice teachers.
5. Works with Content Area Supervisors and building principals to ensure the positive working conditions for novice teachers and tenured teachers of color.
1. Oversees the planning, implementation, articulation and assessment of the District’s PreK-12 curriculum.
2. Oversees the development of the District’s mentoring plan.
3. Works with the Director of Human Resources, Inclusion, and Diversity to ensure the continuation of diversity within the teaching staff.
4. Oversees and works with the Content Supervisors to recommend books that include the representation of people of color and are authored by people of color.
5. Works with Content Supervisors for planning and implementation of professional development for teachers.
E. Financial Management
1. Supervises the development of the District’s curriculum and instruction budget.
2. Oversees the purchasing of curriculum and instruction materials, resources, and technology applications.
All candidates must apply online at: www.generalasp.com/mtps/onlineapp
Moorestown Township Public Schools is an Affirmative Action Employer/EEO