The Toms River Regional Board of Education anticipates openings for the following position:
- Tier 1
The paraprofessional works within the context of the classroom teacher’s lesson plans and daily structure, guiding and supporting the student(s)’ participation in classroom activities as needed.
- Facilitates the implementation of academic instructional programs, class work and assessments for students.
- Interacts daily with students and staff to conduct attendance and program tracking and reports.
- Maintains positive classroom environment and monitors student behavior to keep them on task.
- Maintains program instructional materials for students
- Maintains confidentiality of co-workers, children, and families.
- Physical care such as assistance with mobility, feeding, and/or toileting
High school diploma and knowledge of computer software required.
Ability to effectively communicate and interact with individuals from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds.
2 years or 30 hrs of college experience preferred.
Must have experience with severly disabled, academically challenged and behaviorally disruptive children
All candidates (internal and external) must apply online.