Westville Elementary School
Application Deadline: 08/5/2021
Benefit Eligible: Yes Hours: 6:30am-3:00pm
Job Type: Full Time, 12 Months
- Certified Educational Facilities Manager Certification preferred
- Minimum experience in plant operation and maintenance, cleaning methods and procedures, repairs, security, heating, and ventilation
- Supervisory ability
- Demonstrated knowledge of fire/safety laws and proper handling of hazardous materials
- Candidates must be capable of bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, turning, twisting, standing for extended periods, reaching, and ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Assumes responsibility for the opening of the school each day.
- Schedules daily tasks, supervises work of custodians, and participates in daily cleaning of facilities.
- Keep building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas neat and clean at all times.
- Monitors and regulates heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to provide temperatures appropriate to the season and to ensure economical use of fuel, water, and electricity.
- Completes or oversees all maintenance and repair work in the building.
- Complies with all laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of recyclables, trash, waste, and debris.
- Maintains grounds area to be cut and cleaned as needed
- Conducts an ongoing program of general maintenance, upkeep, and repairs.
- Participates in the selection, scheduling, and training of the custodial staff.
- Maintains an inventory and recommends the purchase of supplies, tools, equipment, and fuel.
- Completes custodial reports, building condition reports, and other records as required.
- Conducts periodic inspections and tests of all electrical installations in the school to ensure their safe condition.
- Ensures that all fire/safety and environmental laws and regulations relating to the plant maintenance and operation are enforced.
- Maintains preventative maintenance logs and other records as required.
- Monitors the time records of night supervisors in the school and certifies them for payment.
- Coordinates supervision and setup of equipment as per approved use of facility requests.
- Performs related duties as required for the daily operation of the school.
SUBMIT RESUME AND LETTER OF INTEREST TO:
Effective September 1, 2011, all employees of school districts must reside in the State of New Jersey, unless exempted under the law. If you already work for the school district as of September 1, 2011, and you do not live in New Jersey, you are not required to move to New Jersey. However, if you begin your office, position or employment on September 1, 2011 or later, you must reside in New Jersey. If you do not reside in New Jersey, you have one year after the date you take employment, to relocate your residence to New Jersey. If you do not do so, you are subject to removal from your office, position or employment. "New Jersey First Act" P.L. 2011, c70 (N.J.S.A. 52:14-7) The National Park Board of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, political affiliation, sex, armed forces liability, physical handicap, social or economic status.