Harrison Township School District (PreK-6) seeks tenure-track, certified Upper Elementary School Teachers (Grades 4-6) to provide instruction in all subject areas. Position will begin September 1, 2022. NJ Teacher Certification required - State of New Jersey Standard or Provisional Teacher Certificate, or Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing.
Reports to: Building Principal
The responsibilities would include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Teachers shall understand the central concepts, tools of inquiry, structures of the discipline, especially as they relate to the New Jersey Student Learning standards (NJSLS) and design developmentally appropriate learning experiences making the subject matter accessible and meaningful to all students.
- Teachers shall understand how children and adolescents develop and learn in a variety of school, family and community contexts and provide opportunities that support their intellectual, social, emotional and physical development.
- Teachers shall understand the practice of culturally responsive teaching.
- Teachers shall understand instructional planning, design long and short term plans based upon knowledge of subject matters, students, community, and curriculum goals, and shall employ a variety of developmentally appropriate strategies in order to promote critical thinking, problem solving and performance skills of all learners.
- Teachers shall understand and use multiple assessment strategies and interpret results to evaluate and promote student learning and to modify instruction in order to foster the continuous development of students.
- Teachers shall understand individual and group motivation and behavior and shall create a supportive, safe and respectful learning environment that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement in learning and self-motivation.
- Teachers shall adapt and modify instruction to accommodate the special learning needs of all students.
- Teachers shall use knowledge of effective verbal, nonverbal and
written communication techniques and the tools of information literacy
to foster the use of inquiry, collaboration and supportive interactions.
- Teachers shall build relationships with parents, guardians, families and
agencies in the larger community to support student’s learning and
- Teachers shall participate as active, responsible members of the
professional community, engaging in a wide range of reflective
practices, pursuing opportunities to grow professionally and
establishing collegial relationships to enhance the teaching and
- Teachers shall uphold and enforce school rules, administrative
regulations and Board policy.
- Supervise students in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned
Terms of Employment: 10 months
Evaluation: In accordance with N.J.A.C. and Employment Contract