Registered Behavior Technician
Archway Programs Lower School in Waterford Township – is a NJ DOE approved private school for the handicapped. It provides a nurturing & educational experience for the student ages 3 through 21 with Multiple Disabilities, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Communication Disabilities, Other Health Impairments and Pre-School Disabilities (PSD). Our students, who may also be challenged socially, neurologically and economically, receive not just an education, but also additional support services needed to succeed in life.
The Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) is a non-certified staff member who does not hold the position of teacher, but assists the classroom teacher(s) and staff under the guidance of the building Principal with implementing the basic principles of applied behavior analysis (ABA). RBT will also be on the Crisis Team. Sometimes the RBT will serve as teacher assistants, one-to-one aides (assigned to individual students), or they perform school-related clerical duties as needed or required.
The Registered Behavior Technician provides appropriate and consistent service to students, helping to implement educational activities, as well as offering emotional, social, and behavioral development.
- Supervised/evaluated by the Principal
- “Floats” to/from varied classrooms, as assigned by building principal, for added instructional and behavioral support for the classroom teachers
- Assist with Functional Behavior Assessment Process
- Assist with Functional Analyses
- Implement Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs)
- Assist with Behavioral Skill Training
- Assist with data collection
- Perform Inter-Observer Agreement (IOA) and Treatment Integrity Checks
- Graph behavioral and programmatic data
- Utilize ABA principles and evidence-based practices
- Implement discrete trial instruction (DTI) and intensive teaching time (ITT) procedures
- Train paraprofessionals on DTI and ITT
- Create materials for DTI and ITT programs
- Create materials for BIPs
- Active member of crisis team for students with BIP’s
- Attend professional meetings in regards to BIP development
- Attend Behavior Team Meetings
- Assist in verbal de-escalation efforts when students display challenging behaviors
- Assists teacher in monitoring of students’ academic work and behavioral performance
- Contributes input during parent conferences
- Must abide by the Ethical and Professional Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts designated for RBTs
- Performs classroom and school-related clerical duties as needed
- Maintains accurate records using objective language
- Assists students during arrival and dismissal from school
- Supervises students while moving throughout the building, around campus and during assigned school activities
- Attends all staff meetings, in-services and orientations
- Attends annual “Handle with Care” and “Crisis Prevention Institute” trainings
- Responsible for all miscellaneous duties as assigned by the teacher, principal, or Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Arrives to work on time and adheres to the electronic sign in/payroll system and attendance policy
- Fill in as job coach when needed.
- High School Diploma or GED REQUIRED
- RBT Credential REQUIRED
You may use the APPLY button.
Archway Programs is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, & women.