*Please submit digital resume, cover letter, references and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work to achieve New Jersey Learning Standards and district educational goals and objectives by promoting active learning in the classroom using board-adopted curriculum and other appropriate learning activities
- Assesses abilities and capabilities of individual studentswith multiple data points for progress monitoring of IEP goals and objectives.
- Flexible in specific methodologies to address specific needs to the individual learner.
- Identifies adaptations and modifications for students to access general education curriculum in both self-contained and general education setting
- Effectively communicates with Case Manager, related services providers, building adminstration and families.
- Maintain productive relationships with parents and other staff members
- Identify studentneeds and cooperate with other professional staff members in differeniated instructional practices
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a classroom climate conducive to learning
- Plan class activities and lesson presentations that are age-appropriate for the class and meet the individual needs, interests and ability levels of students
- Maintain professional competence and pursue continuous improvement through in-service education and other professional growth activities
- Participate in school-level planning, faculty meetings/committees, and other school system groups
- Make effective use of community resources to enhance the instructional program
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations and board policy
- Perform other duties within the scope of employment and certification as may be assigned by district administration
Requirements and Qualifications
- NJ Teaching Certificate for teacher of the Handicapped, OR, NJ certification as Elementary Teacher with Teacher of Students with Disabilities endorsement
- Our 1:1 Technology initiative has created a paperless environment in which a strong technology background is required.
- Experience with ABA, CBI and VB-Mapp methodologies
- Open to training with Handle w/Care or similar crisis prevention intervention training
- Ability to provide direction and support to classroom teacher assistants.
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Criminal history background check
- Proof of US citizenship or legal resident alien status