Dover Public Schools is a progressive, culturally diverse school district in Morris County serving approximately 3,300 students, Pre-K through grade 12. We are currently accepting applications for the position of a Secretary in the main office of Academy Street Elementary School. This is a full time, 12-month position available January 2, 2020.
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficiency with the use of Apple Devices, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Genesis, and other school-related programs and processes
- Pays attention to detail and provides well-organized, accurate work
- Maintains confidentiality as required and appropriate
- Great interpersonal and communication skills (Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required)
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Prior experience in a similar position preferred
The Secretary will work cooperatively with the other members of the office staff to complete a variety of daily tasks that contribute to the efficient operation of the school office. It is imperative for the secretary to display tact and be courteous when interacting with students, staff, and other members of the school community.
Examples of Job Responsibilities:
- Answer telephone calls, record messages, and direct calls as needed
- Process purchase orders and distribute materials from the orders
- Maintain appropriate inventories of school supplies
- Assist the registrar with the registration and transferring of students
- Prepare, duplicate, and disseminate a variety of documents electronically and through hardcopy
- Support teachers and administrators with the completion of day-to-day operations
- Assists with record-keeping procedures in the documentation of students’ attendance, discipline, and grades
- Produce the school's weekly schedule and distribute to all employees
- Manage the school’s breakfast and lunch programs
To be considered for the position, apply online via Applitrack and complete all of the required components of the application.
Dover Public Schools values diversity and is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.