- Valid New Jersey Instructional Certificate or eligibility, substitute teaching certificate.
- Minimum experience as determined by the board
- Demonstrated knowledge of the sport, sports training and conditioning, injury prevention and management and the principles of human growth and development.
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment and high standards of conduct for athletes.
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
1. Demonstrates a working knowledge of the rules and officiating techniques of the sport.
2. Designs and implements the program as approved by the Athletic Director and makes suggestions for improvement to him/her as needed.
3. Has the ability to and works with individual students to improve athletic skills, develop positive attitudes, encourage good sportsmanship and foster academic success.
4. Attends all practices, games, meetings and related activities including the year end banquet in May.
5. Complies and maintains all required records and inventories.
6. Distributes and collects all athletic equipment and supplies.
7. Assists in the selection and evaluation of assistant coaches.
8. Assists in developing a budget and the selection of equipment and supplies.
9. Assists in the coordination of JV/Freshman teams.
10. Assists in determining students’ eligibility, awards, team makeup and planning scrimmages if appropriate.
11. Keeps informed and upholds all current professional developments in the coaching field, all NJSIAA regulations.
12. Cooperates with custodial staff in maintaining a safe, clean environment.
13. Serves as a role model by his/her appearance, demeanor and display of sportsmanship.
14. Assists the Athletic Director and Nurse during sports physicals