The Toms River Regional Board of Education anticipates an opening for the following position:
Assistant Transportation Supervisor
- Should have an understanding of State and Federal laws that regulate transportation of students. New Jersey Department of Education Pupil Transportation Supervisors’ Level 1 Certificate is requested.
- Should have an understanding of State and Federal laws that regulate student transportation
- Strong ability in Microsoft systems.
- Knowledge and experience in operating a computer routing system, student safety program, driver training program, and strong leadership abilities is requested.
- Should have two (2) years experience in school transportation services working with but not limited to supervision, training, contracts and jointures, routing and scheduling, safety programs and general operation of a school transportation system.
- Must have the leadership ability to give direction and supervise subordinates, including delegation of duties, establishing work plan and setting goals for the department and its employees.
- Hours of work must be flexible which may include switching work hours for emergencies and inclement weather.
- Must have the ability to maintain a positive professional work environment with strong interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Required criminal history background check and proof of US citizenship or legal resident alien status.